Yoichi Oishi♦ (moderator)
I'm living in Chiba Prefecture near Tokyo, Japan. I worked in both local and multi-national advertising agencies for 40 years. After retiring ad agency, I studied Chinese language (now almost forgotten) in a Beijing university one and a half year. Then coming back to Japan, I worked as a freelance marketing consultant. I'm now totally retired. I still keep learning English and reading English news papers everyday to be abreast with trends du jour. I like travel and photographing. I'm living with my wife as an empty-nester.
Top Network Posts
- 84Is there English counterpart(s) to Japanese old saying, “Present salt to your enemy.”?
- 64What is the difference between an Emperor and a King?
- 55What does “Your hair is so white now, it can talk back to police” mean?
- 50What is the English equivalent to the Chinese/Japanese saying, “塞翁失馬— Life is like Old Sai’s horse”?
- 49Are there counterpart English expressions to Japanese proverb, "the nail that pops up is always hammered down?
- 48English counterpart to Japanese signal word, “Dokkoisho”
- 48What's the English equivalent of the Japanese saying, “A fart ruins 100 days of sermons by the priest (bishop)”?
- View more network posts →