English is one of my first languages. Versed in the nuances of a few major native dialects of the language, I hope to learn and share my knowledge on this forum.
I majored in physics and music at Williams College, MA, and taught math at The Pennington School, NJ, for two years. Currently a PhD student in civil engineering at Johns Hopkins University, MD.
New blog: Brutally Frugal
Top Network Posts
- 52Is there a word that means "multiply by ten"?
- 41What word describes something that can move orthogonally and diagonally?
- 37How to vertically-center the text of the cells?
- 37What would you call a person from India?
- 37What's the difference between "eldest" and "oldest"?
- 33"Cancelled" or "Canceled"?
- 33When "etc." is at the end of a phrase, do you place a period after it?
- View more network posts →