English is one of my first languages. Versed in the nuances of a few major native dialects of the language, I hope to learn and share my knowledge on this forum.
I majored in physics and music at Williams College, MA, taught math at The Pennington School, NJ, for two years and then obtained a doctorate in civil engineering at Johns Hopkins University, MD. Currently researching the transportation-energy nexus.
Top Network Posts
- 57How to vertically-center the text of the cells?
- 53Is there a word that means "multiply by ten"?
- 47What's the difference between "eldest" and "oldest"?
- 41What word describes something that can move orthogonally and diagonally?
- 38What would you call a person from India?
- 38When "etc." is at the end of a phrase, do you place a period after it?
- 37"Cancelled" or "Canceled"?
- View more network posts →