I don't regard myself as particularly interested in English language and usage, but it is undeniable that I've often discussed them with friends.
I used to think my friends and I spent way too much time arguing details, but the experts on English StackExchange definitely have taken that to a new level (with plenty of newbie biting and antisocial behavior). So this is not a place I enjoy spending much time on, although I appreciate the good advice sprinkled throughout by the less ego-driven, well-meaning contributors.
Relevant info to know about me:
- Native fluency in American English
Top network posts
- 87I was tricked into copy pasting a command, did it hurt me?
- 54How to tell Chrome what to do with a magnet link?
- 51How can I make Firefox open magnet-links in Transmission?
- 37What kinds of desktop environments and shells are available?
- 32How do I stop video tearing? (Nvidia prop driver, non-compositing window manager)
- 30Mac on Linux, is it legal?
- 30How would you explain to a 9th grader the negative exponent rule?
- View more network posts →