"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplaces of existence. These little problems help me to do so." (Sherlock Holmes)
I sometimes enjoy embedding puns and subtle self-references into many of my answers and comments.
Remember, context is everything.
Top Network Posts
- 123Why does the multi-paragraph quotation rule exist?
- 62What's the English equivalent of the Japanese saying, “A fart ruins 100 days of sermons by the priest (bishop)”?
- 60Is "Just a friendly advice" grammatical?
- 52"Sit in a chair" vs. "sit on a chair"
- 51Academic dismissal from PhD program. What next?
- 38Why is it that adjunct faculty positions pay so little?
- 38'Out of curiosity' means I'm not curious at all. Isn't it?
- View more network posts →