My English.SE profile for the time being:
I am a math student and professor.
I obsess endlessly -- and I mean that literally (not Joe Biden "literally") -- about how to write things. I am (once again) rewriting my template syllabus before this semester starts. QED.
I strive to keep my writing clear, concise (but not terse) and to the point, easy to read, with visual clues, and light or humorous (unless it distracts from the point). I have never succeeded.
Note that I define "concise writing" as writing which is as short as reasonably possibly so that the reader can still easily understand it. "Terse" is shorter than that.
I will only be asking for help on here. I cannot provide any.
Top Network Posts
- 41Why can't you square both sides of an equation?
- 33Pythagorean Theorem Proof Without Words (request for words)
- 11Pythagorean Theorem Proof Without Words 6
- 9Is there a LaTeX symbol for 'order'?
- 8What rational number is between these two real numbers?
- 8Why is this a fragment?
- 6What is "Signal 15 received"
- View more network posts →
Keeping a low profile.
This user hasn't posted... yet.