Canadian, native English speaker, background in academic linguistics, lifelong reader, and language enthusiast.
In the prescriptive versus descriptive grammar debate, I'm mostly descriptivist but with an appreciation for the prescriptivist idea that something being "popular" usage doesn't mean it's correct.
Top Network Posts
- 85Punishing a player for instant-actioning
- 79Problems with Party Formation: "You're the DM, you can figure it out."
- 70As a man, how can I roleplay a woman better?
- 68How can DMs effectively telegraph specific dangers in D&D?
- 68How can I better show players that enemies are not friends?
- 64Origin of the term "Splat Book"
- 64How to reward players that come prepared for non-combat, non-RP situations? I.e., real life
- View more network posts →