Canadian, native English speaker, background in academic linguistics, lifelong reader, and language enthusiast.
In the prescriptive versus descriptive grammar debate, I'm mostly descriptivist but with an appreciation for the prescriptivist idea that something being "popular" usage doesn't mean it's correct.
Top Network Posts
- 95Punishing a player for instant-actioning
- 89Problems with Party Formation: "You're the DM, you can figure it out."
- 84How can DMs effectively telegraph specific dangers in D&D?
- 76As a man, how can I roleplay a woman better?
- 70How can I better show players that enemies are not friends?
- 66Origin of the term "Splat Book"
- 66How to reward players that come prepared for non-combat, non-RP situations? I.e., real life
- View more network posts →