Canadian, native English speaker, background in academic linguistics, lifelong reader, and language enthusiast.
In the prescriptive versus descriptive grammar debate, I'm mostly descriptivist but with an appreciation for the prescriptivist idea that something being "popular" usage doesn't mean it's correct.
Top Network Posts
- 72Punishing a player for instant-actioning
- 67How can I better show players that enemies are not friends?
- 66Problems with Party Formation: "You're the DM, you can figure it out."
- 63Origin of the term "Splat Book"
- 63As a man, how can I roleplay a woman better?
- 62How to reward players that come prepared for non-combat, non-RP situations? I.e., real life
- 59How can DMs effectively telegraph specific dangers in D&D?
- View more network posts →