Canadian, native English speaker, background in academic linguistics, lifelong reader, and language enthusiast.
In the prescriptive versus descriptive grammar debate, I'm mostly descriptivist but with an appreciation for the prescriptivist idea that something being "popular" usage doesn't mean it's correct.
Top Network Posts
- 99Punishing a player for instant-actioning
- 93Problems with Party Formation: "You're the DM, you can figure it out."
- 86How can DMs effectively telegraph specific dangers in D&D?
- 76As a man, how can I roleplay a woman better?
- 72How to ask nicely in Dungeon World
- 71How can I better show players that enemies are not friends?
- 68Are melee combatants limited to standing around saying "I attack"?
- View more network posts →