I have spent most of my career in government service, much of it abroad. I have a degree in English Language and Literature from the University of Oxford and the Diploma in English Language Studies from the UK's Open University, and am qualified as a teacher of English to foreign learners. I have studied several other languages including French, German, Latin, Arabic and Old and Middle English.
Elsewhere on the web I have attempted to write in the constrained style of the 'Ouvroir de littérature potentielle' (OULIPO) in Variations on an Incident in Paris and in Variations on Jane Austen. I have also created a full set of 256 Syllogisms by figure and mood and showing which are valid and which are not.
Top Network Posts
- 148"Two yellow spots on its wings" vs "a yellow spot on both wings"
- 71What does "c'tee" mean?
- 71"Username", "user name" or "user-name"
- 57Is "legit" a legitimate word?
- 55What do we call people who go to the gym?
- 44"To shoot out of cannon into sparrows"
- 37A word that says a person is both female and your friend
- View more network posts →