I found no reason why this question is closed. This question asks whether a given phrase is the right usage for expressing a particular action. It is a particular doubt that may arise in a non-native English speakers mind. No body commented efficiently why this question should be closed. Only a single comment says It has no real answer. I can not see how it can not have a real answer. It has already got a lot of good quality answer. A lot of avid users of this site also argues this question should not be closed. Hence I request everybody to consider reopening this question.
3 years ago
- Why don’t they switch to text communication when there’s a bad connection?
- Does multiple numbers per button have an effect on security?
- In a formal paper, should I censor "brainf**k", the name of a programming language?
- What causes a workstation to lose trust with the domain controller?
- Has there ever been an application of dividing by zero?
- Insurance company sent me huge check instead of pharmacy. Now what?
- Compiling an application for use in highly radioactive environments
- Would allowing a cantrip cast as a bonus action to be used on the same turn as a non-cantrip cast as an action break the game?
- How to run a command at an average of 5 times per second?
- Strings from 'a' to '999'
- Why did Sidious apprentice Maul?
- Is the existence of a sole particle in an hypothetical infinite empty space explicitly forbidden by QM?
- I don't want to kill any more mice, but my advisor insists that I must in order to get my PhD
- Are there an infinite number of prime numbers where removing any number of digits leaves a prime?
- Light's inverse square law: Does it require a minimum distance from the source?
- Why are there so many relays used in a car, instead of transistors?
- Can you Enlarge/Reduce the planet you stand on?
- What does the title "Reservoir Dogs" mean?
- How can I get LogIntegral[z] to be printed as "li[z]"?
- Does Data "unlearn" things?
- What does the Bob say?
- Wind from kitchen sink drainage pipe
- Does this one require integration by parts?
- How to debug math?