I found no reason why this question is closed. This question asks whether a given phrase is the right usage for expressing a particular action. It is a particular doubt that may arise in a non-native English speakers mind. No body commented efficiently why this question should be closed. Only a single comment says It has no real answer. I can not see how it can not have a real answer. It has already got a lot of good quality answer. A lot of avid users of this site also argues this question should not be closed. Hence I request everybody to consider reopening this question.
1 year ago
- Why are "baked" and "naked" not pronounced the same?
- How many types of molecules exist? And how many exist only by synthesis?
- How to go from Australia to Europe using correspondences?
- Beastly if statement, adding a course to one of 8 periods
- How can I avoid having many singletons in my game architecture?
- What is the most useful non-existing object of your field?
- How to address a mistake in an old paper in a very prestigious scientific journal?
- Probability that the sum of three integer numbers (from 1 to 100) is more than 100
- Adverb clause: his delight evident
- May an airline change the aircraft from the scheduled one?
- What is the soonest we could possibly have a self-sufficient base on mars?
- How many cards will one draw, if more than one Arcane Missile hits the Acolyte of Pain?
- What to do with a result too small to be publishable, but interesting nonetheless?
- Where is clipboard data stored?
- Recursive partitioning: Is there a better way to do this?
- Lots of repetition in "if else" statement
- Who did the Elves think Annatar (Sauron) was?
- A note vs a "research paper"
- Raising a number to an integral power
- Why have mathematicians used differential equations to model nature instead of difference equations
- What is the opposite of engraved text?
- "In a finite commutative ring, prove every element is a unit or zero divisor." What happens if we drop "finite"?
- Why does adding 0.1 multiple times remain lossless?
- Plotting 3D Vector Field in one plane