I found no reason why this question is closed. This question asks whether a given phrase is the right usage for expressing a particular action. It is a particular doubt that may arise in a non-native English speakers mind. No body commented efficiently why this question should be closed. Only a single comment says It has no real answer. I can not see how it can not have a real answer. It has already got a lot of good quality answer. A lot of avid users of this site also argues this question should not be closed. Hence I request everybody to consider reopening this question.
1 year ago
- How should I respond to a lowball offer for commercial use of one of my photographs?
- How do I stop displaying "warranties" notice when logging in on tty1 console
- Choosing a handlebar width
- Should a Gaussian Curve Always Be Drawn Symmetrically?
- Show there exists a turing machine with the following properties
- Analyzing up/down patterns in short time-series data
- How do I add contour labels to contour plot?
- Does high number of values outside of 95% Confidence Interval imply non-normality?
- A continuous function from the open ball to itself?
- Why do almost all anime series have a "going to the beach" episode?
- Why do big sites use multiple servers instead of one server with better specifications?
- What Series is this game from?
- Are there number systems corresponding to higher cardinalities than the real numbers?
- What do we see while watching light? Waves or particles?
- Enumerate within TikZ node
- Why does lisp-interaction-mode exist, and do we ever need it?
- Looking for a short story about a man travelling alone on a planet
- What do you call a Q&A user who posts a question but never checks back?
- Word for a task which is flawed or doomed to failure but which you have to do anyway?
- What exactly is the kind "*" in Haskell?
- When is a topological space the homotopy colimit of an open covering?
- Was the Emancipation Proclamation an Executive Order?
- Random Walk on Ring City
- Is it fine to cancel class on days before national holidays, due to low attendance?