I found no reason why this question is closed. This question asks whether a given phrase is the right usage for expressing a particular action. It is a particular doubt that may arise in a non-native English speakers mind. No body commented efficiently why this question should be closed. Only a single comment says It has no real answer. I can not see how it can not have a real answer. It has already got a lot of good quality answer. A lot of avid users of this site also argues this question should not be closed. Hence I request everybody to consider reopening this question.
1 year ago
- How would wormhole-based FTL violate causality?
- Strange errors while writing a package
- Job offer via email, no need for signed contract?
- Best practice of passing a large number of parameters to functions
- Exact results found, but not reported
- Is there any replay value in the Curse of Naxxramas solo adventure?
- Show 1 to N on the terminal
- Weaving in ASCII
- Which is faster: while(1) or while(2)?
- How to arrive at infinite primes proof?
- Passing Row Index of TableViewCell (custom) to another view controller
- A word or phrase for 'Holy grail' (a goal impossible to achieve)
- Does the average American unwittingly commit three felonies a day?
- The Rock, Paper, Scissors, Lizard, Spock Tournament of Epicness
- Rearrange pixels in image so it can't be recognized and then get it back
- Can Nightcrawler escape Spider-Man's web by teleporting?
- Is immutability very worthwhile when there is no concurrency?
- Russia 'Fired Rockets INTO Ukraine' - BBC
- Need help deciphering writing on old headstone
- Is bringing a major villain back from the dead a bad idea?
- Is there a verb meaning "to make similar"?
- How to find all numbers in a string using Regex
- How can I justify complete failure of an elven village's magic as a plot point?
- Logical consequence and material conditional - Are they the same?