I found no reason why this question is closed. This question asks whether a given phrase is the right usage for expressing a particular action. It is a particular doubt that may arise in a non-native English speakers mind. No body commented efficiently why this question should be closed. Only a single comment says It has no real answer. I can not see how it can not have a real answer. It has already got a lot of good quality answer. A lot of avid users of this site also argues this question should not be closed. Hence I request everybody to consider reopening this question.
1 year ago
- What was the point of each verb/action in Monkey Island?
- Tips for golfing in Pyth
- Locking up a DC motor with constant supply a bad thing?
- "I heard the clock strike ten": why not "striked ten"?
- Investing small amounts at regular intervals while minimizing fees?
- Introductory Currency Converter
- Leaving cities during plagues
- Pose lots of unanswered questions in a PhD thesis chapter?
- Are oxidizer to fuel mixture ratios based on mass or volume?
- Why does Java think that the product of all numbers from 10 to 99 is 0?
- Memory with a twist
- How to derive Schrodinger equation?
- How do I stop attack on my email id from hackers?
- What happens to a human who receives more information than the brain can process?
- Ship of Theseus applied to GPL - Can I relicense my program if I replace all of the derivative parts?
- Shell script written in a different shell than what my current shell
- Can a 7 days full 100% CPU load "burn-in" / "stess test" damage a modern notebook?
- Where does the Heavens Lost Property anime split from the manga
- What is the white film on my wet carrots?
- What to do when no search engine can find a connection that clearly exists
- Regular expression using \\ vs using \
- How to change visudo editor from nano to vim?
- Turn a transistor on when any one of nine LEDs is on using an LM3914
- Can any magic besides the Sorcerer's Stone or Horcruxes delay death?