I found no reason why this question is closed. This question asks whether a given phrase is the right usage for expressing a particular action. It is a particular doubt that may arise in a non-native English speakers mind. No body commented efficiently why this question should be closed. Only a single comment says It has no real answer. I can not see how it can not have a real answer. It has already got a lot of good quality answer. A lot of avid users of this site also argues this question should not be closed. Hence I request everybody to consider reopening this question.
1 year ago
- Is it bad if all my kittens starve?
- A Christian view of Mohammad
- What do I need to consider running an open table dungeon crawl at a multi-day convention?
- If any open set is a countable union of balls, does it imply separability?
- How bad is it really to install Linux on one big partition?
- 1700s term for "a technology"
- Moore Iteration
- Asian film where gangster character has "gills"
- Rendering lilypond score into html page
- Is it safe to download and burn a CD on an infected PC?
- How do we know that hydrogen gas consists of two hydrogen atoms?
- What technology can result from such expensive experiment as undertaken in CERN?
- Are there any royal jesters in song of ice and fire?
- Using gdb to inspect environment variables
- Difference between cd / and cd //?
- Can Harry Potter's Invisibility Cloak hide inanimate objects/Non-sentient beings?
- How to deal with an advisor who wants a "friendlier" relationship with me than I do?
- What physical contact, if any, is acceptable between a supervisor and a student?
- Why can I see my breath after I pop my ears?
- Inner product is a function from…to…?
- What is a polite way of talking about a recently-deceased person?
- Are there any annotated formal verification systems for pure functional programming languages?
- What makes mains voltage safe in homes?
- What can characters observe about their own and others' hit point totals?