I found no reason why this question is closed. This question asks whether a given phrase is the right usage for expressing a particular action. It is a particular doubt that may arise in a non-native English speakers mind. No body commented efficiently why this question should be closed. Only a single comment says It has no real answer. I can not see how it can not have a real answer. It has already got a lot of good quality answer. A lot of avid users of this site also argues this question should not be closed. Hence I request everybody to consider reopening this question.
2 years ago
- Is it customary for a student to reply to professor's email within 24 hours?
- Localising OptionValues
- Change the layout order of webform
- LINQ's Func<bool> is only called once?
- (Where) Can I go to a "sleeper" cinema?
- Why are monitors neck height by default?
- I didn't acknowledge someone who helped with my thesis, is there anything I can or should do now?
- Showcase your language one vote at a time [experimental challenge]
- Why doesn't running "sudo shutdown now" shutdown?
- What effects could a hole in a planet have?
- Finding all sublists or substrings of a given list/string
- The needle in the network - find it!
- How easy/hard is it to backpack to Taiwan knowing only English?
- "We missed the bus, which made us late for school" - erroneous use of "which"?
- Insert.da.Cursor, Error - Sequence size must match size of row
- Wireframe node has no effect on bumpmap
- Why did Europe not see Roman-era numbers of men participating in battles until the 17th century?
- “Pharaoh was thought he was divine”
- What is this musical symbol?
- Shortest Unique Substrings
- Will std::vectors inside another vector reallocate when the first vector reallocates?
- Does bra-ket always assume all space?
- Critique: Scrollable flyout nav menu
- Is is possible to apply a generic method to a list of items?